The National American Legion Baseball Regional and World Series tournaments have been canceled. It is the intention of the Department of Nebraska Athletic Committee to hold a season here in NE if the situation allows, the Committee continues to discuss ever changing scenarios as information changes or new information becomes available. American Legion Baseball’s highest priority is the health, well-being and safety of all our participants, families, volunteers and fans. You can monitor COVID-19 developments through Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For now, we ask you to review the guidelines, restrictions and regulations established by your local, Nebraska and federal government to ensure doing whatever is required for the safety and well-being of everyone involved.
Even though there are several States that have canceled their Legion baseball season, in NE we continue to recommend that programs prepare the administrative requirements for a season. Having them done during this time will alleviate any last-minute issues once the opportunity to start a season arrives.
1) Register the team, put at a minimum, the team manager in place
2) submit that team without paying registration or getting insurance
3) take the online course for Abuse awareness and send me the .pdf of your certificate (this must be every adult listed on the team)
4) take the background check (again every adult)
5) email out the form 2, have your players fill it out, scan it and send it back to you
6) fill out the Birth ID card request, scan it and email it to me
7) complete the concussion training (required every 2 years)
8) check our website for updates https://www.nelegionbaseball.net/